When it comes to making money online, there are more opportunities available than first thought. The reselling of hosting is commonplace, with many people within the world of web design offering packages to complement their business.
However, those interested in reselling web hosting shouldn’t jump in without doing the research first. Carrying out the right kind of research will ensure that you opt for the package that suits the needs of you and your business.
Reseller Hosting and the Options Available
The first thing to consider when selling hosting is how much you think will be realistically selling. Of course, many of us would like to assume that we sell a vast number of packages, but this won’t always be the case. The services offered by host companies should also mirror your requirements, a few key factors to consider are as follows:
- Are you able to brand the hosting packages?
- Are you able to manage your own plans?
- How much bandwidth does each package offer?
- What are the support options, and can these be easily accessed?
- Does it have its own datacentre?
- Does the hosting company support the platform you work with?
Decide on Your Customer Pricing
Like many businesses online, the web hosting sector can be a somewhat competitive, but this doesn’t mean that pricing should be set at the cheapest price available.
Those looking to resell web hosting should carry out research, which in turn will allow you to divide up operating costs, server costs and other financial factors. You should also ensure that customers are being charged a premium for any extras, such as SSL certificates for e-commerce, and those consuming more data than others.
Consider the Pros and Cons
Like any business, the reselling of web hosting comes complete with its own set of pros and cons. While the reselling of web hosting can be financially rewarding, it makes sense to consider the cons of starting such a business. Taking such factors into account will ensure that you are making the right decision moving forward.
The Pros of Reselling Web Hosting
- The reselling of web hosting can be a great way of generating a residual income.
- There is no equipment to buy, those interested in reselling simply have to ensure that they have access to high speed internet with a reliable connection.
- Web hosting reselling can be instilled into a number of business models, such as web design and blogging.
The Cons of Reselling Web Hosting
- The reselling of web hosting is not for those who aren’t familiar with the product, as you could be faced with angry customers if you’re not able to answer queries.
- Remember that you will be the face of the business, and as such will be contacted during your meals, when you’re asleep and when you’re out with friends.
- It can be difficult to take time off work for a long duration of time.
Overall, the reselling of web hosting comes down to clever research and your own knowledge. Those who jump in head first and purchase any old package while not knowing enough about web hosting won’t benefit as much as those who consider their options.